Annually, Apple announced their latest version of its operating system, known as iOS, which is for iPhones, iPad OS, which is for their iPad line up, and watchOS, for their Apple Watches.
The best thing about this is that Apple does not charge any money for the yearly update. Yes, that was a pun and if you missed it out, well, you missed it.
With every update getting released each year, people usually Google the question “will the latest version of the iOS, watchOS or iPad OS be available on my device?”
The answer to that depends on which device you are holding.
Which iPhone Supports iOS 15?
This will probably the best news for you this year. If you got the update last year, you are likely to get it this year. Here is the full list of Apple devices that the latest iOS will be supporting this year:
- iPhone 6S and newer devices
- iPhone SE First Generation
- iPhone SE Second Generation
- iPod Touch Seventh Generation
Which iPads Support iPadOS 15?
The best thing about Apple is that their updates are available for devices that are even 4 years old. Just like iPhones, if your iPad supported iPadOS 14, you are likely to upgrade to the 15th version.
Here are the iPads that will support iPadOS 15:
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch First Generation
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch Second Generation
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch Third Generation
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch Fourth Generation
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch Fifth Generation
- iPad Pro 11-inch First Generation
- iPad Pro 11-inch Second Generation
- iPad Pro 11-inch Third Generation
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Fifth Generation
- iPad Sixth Generation
- iPad Seventh Generation
- iPad Eight Generation
- iPad Mini Fourth Generation
- iPad Fifth Generation
- iPad Air Second Generation
- iPad Air Third Generation
- iPad Air Fourth Generation
Which Apple Watches Support The Latest watchOS 8?
If you own a Apple Watch, you are likely to get a major update for the operating system that it has. The watchOS 8 is going to be available on the Apple Watch Series and later. The Apple Watch SE is also getting the latest and major update that Apple is releasing.
How To Check Your Current Operating System?
Apple has a very simple and unique operating system , which allows you to see every data that the mobile has to offer.
If you want to see the current version of the operating system that your device has, all you have to do is go to settings, general settings, about, then click on the current software version.